66 acts take the next step of ‘Una voce per San Marino’
Dozens of aspiring singers from all over the world gave their best in front of the audience. But in the end, only 66 acts made it to the next stage of Una voce per San Marino. Broadcaster SMRTV announced the names of the emerging artists who have reached the next stage of the new San Marino national final Una voce by San Marino.
The list is made up of 60 international artists and six San Marino acts. They will participate in the next semi-finals of the emerging artists section.
The stars of the national final are among the semi-finalists
There are no former Eurovision stars on the list, but a few familiar faces from previous national finals made the cut.
After missing ESCZ 2022, Czech singer Elis Mraz (alias Eliska Mrazova) is looking for a second chance with San Marino. German singer Sebastien Schmidt also made the list – he is the only returning act from the 2018 San Marino 1IN360 National Final.
Another act to have made the list is OXA, the German singer of Brazilian origin. OXA rose to fame on the German edition of X Factor, but was also one of the songwriters behind Elena Tsagrinou’s sizzling song for Eurovision 2021 “El diablo”. Another X Factor alum is Kurt Cassar, who traveled to Judges Houses during the first series of X Factor Malta.
Portuguese singer João Paulo (who performs in duet with Miguel was part of the Viva La Diva act of the Festival da Canção 2017. The group popera won the grand final of the televised vote and came close to being the Portuguese act for Eurovision 2017.
The list of semi-finalists is dominated by artists from neighboring Italy. The list also includes six acts from San Marino who will compete in their own semi-final.
Among the acts that missed out on the semi-finals was runner-up 1IN360 Sara from Blue, who had auditioned for a duet with jazz-pop singer Jack Marsina. Also missing was the Italian comedic heavy metal band Steel Nanowar and the Swedish singer-songwriter twin sisters Ylva & Linda.
San Marino’s new national final
Shortlisted emerging artists will compete in four semi-finals from February 13-16. The artists will perform a cover of a well-known song and present their choice of unreleased song. The top three artists from each semi-final will advance to the Emerging Artist Final.
There will also be a second chance competition on February 17 for artists who finished fifth through eighth in each semi-final. The 15 qualifiers will compete in the Emerging Artists Finals on February 18.
From there, the nine qualified emerging artists will compete alongside nine established artists in the grand finale of Una voce per San Marino on January 19. Established artists will not have to audition and will be directly invited to compete. In the grand finale, the artists will perform their potential Eurovision song.
The winner, second and third places will be selected by a jury of experts alone.
Una voce di San Marino – Emerging artists semi-finalists
- Aaron Sibley (UK 🇬🇧)
- Alessandra Simone (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Alessia Labate (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Alice Burani (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Allerija (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Anna Faragò (Italy 🇮🇹)
- ASHLEY (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Brenda (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Camille Cabaltera (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Corinna Parodi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Daniel Mincone (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Daniela Pisciotta (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Davide Rossi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Diego Federico (Austria 🇦🇹)
- Elena & Francesco Faggi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Elisa Del Prete (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Eliska Mrázová (Czech Republic 🇨🇿)
- Ellynora (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Florent Amare (France 🇫🇷)
- Frio (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Giada Varaschin (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Giorgio Borghes Aka Claudia F (UK 🇬🇧)
- Gisele Abramoff (Brazil 🇧🇷)
- I Koko (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Jessica Anne Condon (UK 🇬🇧)
- João Paulo & Miguel (Portugal 🇵🇹)
- Joe Romano & TheStolenClipper (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Katrin Roselli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kimberly Genil (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kumi Watanabe (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Kurt Cassar (Malta 🇲🇹)
- Le Bebae (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Leonardo Frezzotti (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Lorenza Rocchiccioli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luca Cima (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luca Veneri (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Luci Blu (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Crazy (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Marco Saltari (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Maria Chiara Leoni (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Martina Gaetano (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Mate (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Matilde Montanari (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Matteo Giannaccini Gravante (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Muriel (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Nada e Sissi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- OnlySara (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Operapop (Italy 🇮🇹)
- OXA (Clayton) Sia (Germany 🇩🇪)
- Raimondo Cataldo (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Riccardo Foresi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Riccardo Guglielmi (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Sebastian Schimdt (Germany 🇩🇪)
- Snei Ap (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Thomas Grazioso (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Tothem (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Valentina Tioli (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Vanja Vatle (Norway 🇳🇴)
- Veronica Liberati (Italy 🇮🇹)
- Vina Rose (Italy 🇮🇹)
Una voce di San Marino – Emerging Artists Semi-finalists (San Marino)
- Alibi (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Elisa Mazza (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Garon x Duan (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Giada Pintori (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Ginevra Bencivenga (San Marino 🇸🇲)
- Giulia Vitri (San Marino 🇸🇲)
What do you think? Who would you like to see San Marino represent at Eurovision 2022? What kind of song should San Marino send to Turin? Tell us your ideas below!